*Note: Some features mentioned below will be available once the firmware and the app are BOTH updated to the following versions:
Navimow app: V1.4.6
ECU firmware: 2.0.3.D/2.0.3.E (Both versions are OK)
Bluetooth firmware: 0.0.2.6
Hub motor firmware: 0.0.5.0
Blade motor firmware: 0.0.4.F
Charging station firmware: 0.0.2.C
Bump sensor firmware: 0.0.3.2
Telematics BOX firmware: 0.0.7.8 (Wi-Fi)/0.1.7.8 (4G)/0.1.5.0 (4G) (Both 4G versions are OK)
Note: The VisionFence requires a separate OTA update to 0.0.2.B for new features and bug fixes. Go to Settings-Mower-VisionFence Sensor-Network config, connect to a strong Wi-Fi, and wait 1 h. You can bring the mower alone indoors near the router for a better signal. For help, email us with your SN to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Now you can remotely clear errors and try to resume tasks via the app. Please make sure the mower is in a safe place, and children and pets are off the lawn.
- You can choose to use metric units or imperial units via Settings>APP>Units.
Fixes and improvements
- Improvements on the mower behaviour
- The mowing capability on the slope is enhanced. The mower will slow down and avoid backward movement after making a U-turn.
- Once the mowing progress reaches 100%, the mower will change its direction by 30 degrees instead of at a random direction.
- [For H500 and H800 models only] If the mowing progress reaches 100% before the scheduled end time, the mower will return to the charging station and won’t start a new task until the next schedule arrives.
- Improvements on the VisionFence
- The visual recognition is more accurate. This update requires the VisionFence to be upgraded to 0.0.2.B.
- When the VisionFence gets dirty, the mower will send a notification to your app, then stop the current mowing task and won't start a new one. Once the camera lens is cleaned, the mower can start a new mowing task and there is no need to manually clear the error on the mower.
- [For iOS users] Now you don't need to wait for the OTA to start. Instead, you can start the OTA at anytime to keep the firmwares updated to the latest version. Go to Settings>MOWER>Device management>Firmware versions>Check for firmware updates.
- You can use the ‘Toolbox’ to fix errors regarding the rear wheels. Go to Settings>MOWER>Device management>Toolbox>Wheel calibration.
Other known issues are fixed.